TSI will be participating in this year’s Advent of Code, with our very own private leaderboard! Advent of Code (https://adventofcode.com/2023/about) is, as the name suggests, an advent calendar of programming puzzles. Every day from Dec. 1 to Dec. 25, a new puzzle is released, which you can solve using any programming language you like. Advent of Code is an excellent way to improve your coding and problem solving skills, hone your skills in a language you already know, or challenge yourself to learn a new one!
The rules are as follows:
- The use of generative AI (ChatGPT, Github Copilot, etc.) is forbidden.
- You can use any programming language.
- Prizes will be awarded based on the number of stars obtained by January 1st 2024.
- Stars are awarded by submitting answers to daily problems via the Advent of Code website. 2 stars are typically available each day.
- Tie breaks shall be decided based on the “local score” on the TSI leaderboard.
- Points on the local leaderboard are awarded based on how quickly a person solves the problem. If there are N people on the leaderboard, the 1st person to solve the problem gets N points, the second person gets N-1 points and so on.